Paper Development Workshop at the 15th Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business, 21 – 23 September 2022, University of Palermo, Italy
Industrial Marketing Management (IMM) Special Issue Paper Development Workshop
Special Issue Call for Papers (CfP) from IMM (Impact Factor – 6.960, CiteScore – 8.8, ranking 44/226 in Management)
CfP topic: B2B Marketing for People, Planet and Profit – Theoretical Advancement and Empirical Insights
Special issue manuscript submission deadline: 31 December 2022
The purpose of the IMM paper development workshop (PDW) is to enable interested scholars to briefly present their paper idea relevant to the topic of the special issue, and to provide them with developmental feedback on their paper idea for on “B2B Marketing for the Triple Bottom Line (People, Planet and Profit)” research. While we hope that many of these paper ideas will eventually be expanded and submitted to the IMM Special Issue, the purpose of the PDW is broader: to improve the quality of the research paper ideas that will be presented in the PDW, and to bring new scholars successfully into the this embryonic field of research and practice. We invite original papers from scholars both from early career and more experienced colleagues.
The PDW is open to all conference participants. It will be structured to provide extensive feedback to authors who will propose research paper ideas for the IMM Special Issue. The programme will have 3 components:
- First, an introductory session led by Demetris Vrontis and Dr. Riad Shams to introduce the Journal and the Special Issue.
- Second, the prospective IMM author(s) will have a 10-minute presentation to present their IMM special issue paper idea, which should be focused on the special issue topic, followed by a 10 minute discussion with the Conference Chairs, PDW Organizers and the PDW participants. The main focus here will be on how to improve the paper idea discussed, so as to increase the probability of acceptance by IMM or other reputable journal in the field of study.
- Third, addressing various topics relevant to the manuscript review process for authors seeking to publish a paper in this IMM Special Issue or other outlets in the business field.
Only a limited number of paper development ideas will be accepted for the PDW. Participants will be invited based on the quality and potential intellectual contribution of their submitted work.
- IMM special issue paper idea should be submitted through the 15th Euromed Academy of Business Conference Submission System: ()
- While submitting through the Conference’s aforementioned online submission portal, please, indicate in your online submission the following reference ID: IMM-PDW.
- Following successful online submission you should also send your IMM paper idea by email to Demetris Vrontis (email@example.com) and Dr. Riad Shams (Riad.Shams@northumbria.ac.uk) Please note that each applicant should submit only one paper idea.
The deadline for submission of your IMM Special Issue Paper Idea is 15 August 2022. The IMM Special Issue Paper Idea should include:
- The paper title.
- Main body of the paper/study idea: It should be no more than 350 words, which should include the aim/purpose of the study, indication to the literature review and research gap, method, indication to the core findings and contribution back to the literature, indication to the originality/value of the study, implications for practice and the generalisation context/s.
- contributors’ details,
Your IMM Special Issue Paper Idea should completely be centred on the IMM Special Issue topic: “B2B Marketing for People, Planet and Profit – Theoretical Advancement and Empirical Insights”. Please note that authors will need to register for the 15th Euromed Academy of Business Conference in order to participate in the IMM PDW. Attending the conference and/or submitting a manuscript to IMM for publication consideration in the special issue are independent activities; authors are welcome to engage in one or both of these activities.
The IMM PDW is organised by Prof. Demetris Vrontis and Dr. Riad Shams. Please address any questions to: Professor Demetris Vrontis and Dr. Riad Shams.
Professor Demetris Vrontis
Vice Rector for Faculty and Research
Professor of Strategic Management
University of Nicosia
President – EMAB
Founder and Editor-in-Chief, EuroMed Journal of Business, Emerald
Associate Editor, International Marketing Review, Emerald
Associate Editor, Journal of Business Research, Elsevier
Consulting Editor, Journal of International Management, Elsevier
Guest Editor, Journal of World Business, Elsevier
Guest Editor, Industrial Marketing Management
Dr. Riad Shams
Senior Lecturer, Newcastle Business School
Associate Editor, Journal of Social Entrepreneurship
Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Big Data Management
Lead Co-Editor, Annals of Business Research
Guest Editor, International Marketing Review
Guest Editor, Journal of Business Research
Guest Editor, Industrial Marketing Management
Guest Editor, Technological Forecasting and Social Change
Guest Editor, Journal of International Management
Guest Editor, Asia Pacific Journal of Management