Paper Development Workshop at the 15th Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business, 21 – 23 September 2022, University of Palermo, Italy
Journal of International Management (JIM) Special Issue Paper Development Workshop
Special Issue Call for Papers (CfP) from JIM (Impact Factor – 4.645, CiteScore – 6.1)
CfP topic: Global Strategy Evolution, Devolution or Revolution: Disruptions to Globalization and International Business Introversion
Special issue manuscript submission deadline: 15 December 2022
The purpose of the JIM paper development workshop (PDW) is to enable interested scholars to briefly present their paper idea relevant to the topic of the special issue, and to provide them with developmental feedback on their paper idea for on “Globalization and International Business” research. While we hope that many of these paper ideas will eventually be expanded and submitted to the JIM Special Issue, the purpose of the PDW is broader: to improve the quality of the research paper ideas that will be presented in the PDW, and to bring new scholars successfully into the this field of research and practice. We invite original paper ideas from scholars both from early career and more experienced colleagues.
The PDW is open to all conference participants. It will be structured to provide extensive feedback to authors who will propose research paper ideas for the JIM Special Issue. The programme will have 3 components:
- First, an introductory session led by Riad Shams, Alkis Thrassou and Demetris Vrontis to introduce the Special Issue.
- Second, the prospective JIM author(s) will have a 10-minute presentation to present their JIM special issue paper idea, which should be focused on the special issue topic, followed by a 10 minute discussion with the Conference Chairs, PDW Organizers and the PDW participants. The main focus here will be on how to improve the paper idea discussed, so as to increase the probability of acceptance by JIM or other reputable journal in the field of study.
- Third, addressing various topics relevant to the manuscript review process for authors seeking to publish a paper in this JIM Special Issue or other outlets in the business field.
Only a limited number of paper development ideas will be accepted for the PDW. Participants will be invited based on the quality and potential intellectual contribution of their submitted work.
- JIM special issue paper idea should be submitted through the 15th Euromed Academy of Business Conference Submission System: ()
- While submitting through the Conference’s aforementioned online submission portal, please, indicate in your online submission the following reference ID: JIM-PDW.
- Following successful online submission you should also send your JIM paper idea by email to Demetris Vrontis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Riad Shams (Riad.Shams@northumbria.ac.uk) Please note that each applicant should submit only one paper idea.
The deadline for submission of your JIM Special Issue Paper Idea is 15 August 2022. The JIM Special Issue Paper Idea should include:
- The paper title.
- Main body of the paper/study idea: It should be no more than 350 words, which should include the aim/purpose of the study, indication to the literature review and research gap, method, indication to the core findings and contribution back to the literature, indication to the originality/value of the study, implications for practice and the generalisation context/s.
- contributors’ details.
Your JIM Special Issue Paper Idea should completely be centred on the JIM Special Issue topic: “Global Strategy Evolution, Devolution or Revolution – Disruptions to Globalization and International Business Introversion”. Please note that authors will need to register for the 15th Euromed Academy of Business Conference in order to participate in the JIM PDW. Attending the conference and/or submitting a manuscript to JIM for publication consideration in the special issue are independent activities; authors are welcome to engage in one or both of these activities.
The JIM PDW is organised by Prof. Demetris Vrontis, Dr. Riad Shams and Alkis Thrassou. Please address any questions to: Professor Demetris Vrontis and Dr. Riad Shams.
Professor Demetris Vrontis (University of Nicosia, Cyprus)
Dr Riad Shams (Northumbria University, UK)
Professor Alkis Thrassou (University of Nicosia, Cyprus)